October 7 & 8, 2021 - Embassy Suites, Indianapolis
The Indiana Society for Respiratory Care is pleased to invite you to our 46th Annual Conference. The conference will bring together a community of respiratory therapists and fellow healthcare practitioners for an exciting variety of topics, networking, and learning opportunities. This year's meeting will be at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Plainfield Indianapolis Airport, conveniently located off interstate 70 west.
ISRC Board of Director's meeting is Wednesday, October 6, 2021, at 6:00-8:00 p.m. at the Embassy Suites by Hilton, Plainfield, Indiana. All are welcome and encouraged to attend.
The ISRC would like to thank the following companies for their participation and sponsorship of our Fall Seminar. Without their support, there would not be a meeting.
Platinum: IU Health and ResMed
Gold: Aerogen Medical and Fisher and Paykel
- Steve Greubel, BS, RRT, NPS, C-NPT, AE-C: Clinical Coordinator NICU/PICU Ascension St. Vincent Evansville, IN
- Gabrielle Davis, MPH, MA, RRT-ACCS, NPS, CTTS, CHES, LPC: Medical Science Liaison Theravance Biopharma
- Timothy Pohlman, MD, FACS: Staff Surgeon Woodlawn Hospital Rochester, IN
- Cole Beeler, MD: Medical Director of Infection Prevention Indiana University Hospital Indianapolis, IN
- Faisal Khan, MD: Medical Director of Respiratory Care Endoscopy and Interventional Pulmonary Services Franciscan Health System Indianapolis, IN
- Rick Bernhardt, MD: Medical Director of Population Health and Quality Indiana University Health Physicians Indianapolis, IN
- Debbie Koehl, MS, RRT-NPS, AE-C, FAARC: Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program Manager Indiana University Health Indianapolis, IN
- Roger Johnson, MD, FCCP: Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Ascension St. Vincent Evansville, IN
- Bradley C. Wiseman, RN: Manager, Hospital Services Indiana Donor Network Indianapolis, IN
- Jon C. Swanson, PhD: Staff Chaplain Parkview Regional Medical Center Fort Wayne, IN
- Courtney Collins, Patient : Indiana University Student Bloomington, IN
Pat Ingle - Chair
Stephanie Colletti, Ashley Hartman, Kathy Stephens, Brittaney Haynes , Mary Todd, Jeff Hunsucker, Susan VonTobel, John Murphy , Craig Traxler, Susan Wynn, Jeff Scott
Embassy Suites by Hilton, 6089 Clarks Creek Road, Plainfield, Indiana. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel at 1-800-362-2779 and use group code RC1. The group rate will expire on September 10th. Reservations must be made directly with the hotel. ISRC is not responsible for hotel reservations.
A Silent Auction will be held Thursday, October 7th and Friday, October 8th from 8-10:30 a.m. Silent Auction bid winners will pay and pick up item(s) after 2:15 p.m. on Friday, October 8th. Proceeds will benefit ISRC scholarship and educational activities. Must be present to win.
A Food Drive to benefit local pantries will be held on Thursday, October 7th from 8 a.m.-4:45 p.m. and on Friday, October 8th from 8 a.m.-12:00 p.m. Please bring non-perishable food items and receive one chance, per item, to win a fabulous prize.
Come join the fun at the fifth ISRC Trivia Night, Thursday, October 7 at 5:00 p.m. in the same room as the final lecture. Join a team, or form one with your friends to show off your abundant knowledge! No cost to enter and you can win a prize!!
Advance registrants may request and receive an 80% refund if the refund is prior to August 31st. Registrants requesting a refund after August 31st will receive a 50% refund. Refunds will not be granted after September 7th.
The planners and sponsors of this function claim no liability for acts of any suppliers to this meeting or the safety of any attendee while in transit to or from this event. For program information contact Pat Ingle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application has been made to the American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC) for 12 continuing education contact hours for Respiratory Therapists. Individuals paying the student rate are not entitled to receive CRCEs. This year we will implement an electronic validation of attendance with survey completion vis email after the seminar. The deadline for survey completion will be shared during the seminar.
All registration will be accepted on-line. Please access the registration link at the ISRC Website at http://in-isrc.org/. Please be aware that all attendees will have a processing fee added to the registration fee. The use of credit cards will have an additional convenience fee. For questions about group registration, please contact Stephanie Colletti at 317-997-7382 or e-mail at email@example.com. If you miss on line registration, this deadline, you may still register at the door.
*Discounted Early Registration before August 27, 2021.
Thursday, October 7, 2021
Exhibit Hours, Silent Auction, and Food Drive: 9 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
Trivia Night 5:00 p.m.
7:30 - 8:30 a.m.
- Welcome, Steve Greubel, BS, RRT, NPS, C-NPT, AE-C, AIRCE President
8:30 - 9:30 a.m.
- Debbie Koehl, MS, RRT-NPS, AE-C, FAARC, "What does Pulmonary Rehabilitation Mean to Your Patient?"
9:30 - 10:30 a.m.
- Gabrielle Davis, MPH, MA, RRT-ACCS, NPS, CTTA, CHES, LPC “Electronic Nicotine Devices: What HC Providers Need to Know”
10:30 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- Break – Visit Vendors
11 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Timothy Pohlman, MD, FACS “The Role of Respiratory Therapists in Trauma Resuscitation”
12 p.m. - 1:15 p.m.
- Lunch – Visit Vendors
1:15 p.m. - 2:15 p.m.
- Gabrielle Davis, MPH, MA, RRT-ACCS, NPS, CTTA, CHES, LPC “Compassion Fatigue and Self Care”
2:15 p.m. - 3:15 p.m.
- Cole Beeler, MD “COVID-19 and Bioaerosol-related Spread”
3:15 p.m. - 3:45 p.m.
- Break – Visit Vendors
3:45 p.m. - 4:45 p.m.
- Faisal Khan, MD “Endobronchial Valve Placement for Lung Reduction”
5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Trivia Night
Friday October 8, 2021
Exhibit Hours 9 a.m. - 1:45 p.m.; Food Drive 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Silent Auction 8 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
8 a.m. - 9 a.m.
- Richard Bernhardt, MH “COPD and Population Health: New Solutions for a Well-known Disease”
9 a.m. - 10 a.m.
- Steve Greubel, BS, RRT, NPS, C-NPT, AE-C “Neonatal Transport Stabilization”
10 - 10:30 a.m.
- Break – Visit Vendors
10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- Roger Johnson, MD, FCCP “Respiratory Management in the COVID-19 Crisis"
11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Bradley C. Wiseman, RN “Donation after Circulatory Death - The Process”
12:30 p.m. - 1:45 p.m.
- Lunch – Visit Vendors
1:45 p.m. - 2:45 p.m.
- Jon Swanson, PhD “Conversation as Breathing Treatment”
2:45p.m. - 3:45 p.m.
- Courtney Collins, Patient “Wickedly Awesome News for Cystic Fibrosis Patients"
Embassy Suites by Hilton
Every Suite at Embassy includes: Two-room Suites, Complimentary Drinks, Free Made-to-order Breakfast
Kick back in a studio suite with free WiFi, a large HDTV, mini-fridge and microwave, or treat the family to a two-room suite with a living area, sofa bed, 2 HDTVs and private bedroom.
Made-to-order breakfast is free with your stay, and we welcome you to unwind after a busy day at the complimentary Evening Reception*. Stop by the Local Kitchen & Tap for appetizers, hearty fare and local beer, and count on room service and 24-hour market when cravings kick in.
They have recreation covered with a fitness center and indoor pool